Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Follow Your Dreams!

Hey guys! I have some pretty exciting news! First off let me start by saying my video will be uploaded tonight! I filmed it yesterday then totally slacked when I got home because I had to charge my battery then totally forgot to upload. It is there though, on my camera, waiting for me to upload it! Yesterday was also my sister's birthday so I stopped my my mom's house to say happy birthday to her. She turned 17! It made me feel old because I can still remember when I turned 17 and I feel like she is so much younger than me!

Anyways! On to the exciting news! So I have mentioned in the past how I have always wanted to be an actress, like seriously I have ALWAYS wanted to be an actress. I'd say from when I was born because even as a baby I loved to be in front of a camera. I like came alive when there was a camera around! Then as I got older I got more and more into it. It wasn't so much about the attention it was more that I really enjoyed acting. So I went to a Performing Arts High School and studied drama for 4 years and they mainly focused on the theatre end of it. I was never a huge theatre fan, I was always into the more natural aspect of film/television acting. Then I was somewhat pushed more towards college by my family and my acting took a backseat. Then when college didn't work out I had to get a job so I could afford all these bills that were coming in from school. Unfortunately, acting fell to the waste side and it always really upset me. I knew that was always my dream and I really felt like I was giving up. I wouldn't say I went into a depression but I was really kind of disheartened and I felt more trapped in New Jersey than I ever had.

I had a lot of happiness come into my life when I met JJ, who is now my boyfriend. We always had a great time and he really took my mind of work and how unhappy I really was here. We recently moved in together and I think that extra commitment that we made to each other kind of woke me up. I realized that even in my personal life I was so extremely happy but I wasn't really going after my dreams. When I talked to him about it he said he'd support me no matter what and that he would stick with me and that we were solid. I'm telling you it is much easier to start taking risks when you have someone that has your back 24/7 whether that be a family member, a friend, or your significant other. So I started really doing some research and trying to get back into acting. I am starting to save money for my headshots and some acting classes. I also signed up for a website that a local casting director uses a lot, so I knew it was legit. Unfortunately, a lot of crappy people are out there waiting to take advantage of aspriring actors/ actresses and anyway trying to break their way in the entertainment business. So this website let you submit yourself for as many roles that you fit and you pay $25 a year which isn't bad at all. I have been on there for about a month and not too many things totally fit me or some were just too far away or rush calls, which meant I had to be able to make it to NY in 30 minutes and living in South Jersey makes that impossible.

Last night my boyfriend and I were at home, he was playing a computer game and I was reading a Sookie Stackhouse novel (love them by the way!), when I got a text message saying to please check my e-mail and respond ASAP. So of course, I did and I actually had gotten chosen to be an extra in a movie they are filming in New York! It seems to be a low budget film that they are trying to raise money for but I was so excited because any callback just improves your resume. Also, I'd get to be on a real movie set and get some experience under my belt. Studying theatre gives me tons of theatre knowledge but not too much film knowledge. So I have to be in New York by 9am on Saturday and I'll work until 7pm and leave with an amazing experience!

I know the way I was talking might have built that up a litt bit but I am just so excited. Trust me when you are starting out working as an extra is a really good thing to come by. Most times, you'll do a lot of student films but this is actually a movie that they hope to get into theatres and each extra in my scene gets credit in the film and a close up angle and maybe even a line! I just couldn't wait to share that news with you guys! The film is called Blemished Light and they do have a website everyone can check out!

I'll be uploading tonight so look for my video, a cute pup named Tahmoh is featured!!

xoxo, Christine

1 comment: