Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What's Your Dream Room?

Hey everybody! So I filmed a video at my mom's the other day and I propped it a little bit different than usual so when I went to watch it back it cut off half my chin! So unfortunately I won't be posting a video today but I do have a great one planned for the weekend. I might film like a teaser of it tomorrow but the whole thing probably won't go up until later. It is super fun though so make sure to look out for that!

Being in an apartment has made me think of getting a house one day and how I would like to design that house. Shopping for apartment stuff was sooo much fun! it really got me more into interior design and things like that. Unfortunately, I didn't have an endless amount of money so most of the furniture we have in our apartment is hand me downs that were in really good shape. I got to pick out a ton of odds and ends and my favorite shop to do that at was Anthropologie. I love that kind of rustic, colorful look. If you haven't checked out their home section definitely check into it. While doing all that shopping and decorating I started dreaming of some of my dream rooms and I got really into it. Now I do live with my boyfriend so I couldn't completely do it my way. Now I wouldn't give up living with my boyfriend just to make our apartment more my style but I thought it would be fun to kind of fantasize about my dream house. I've included some of my favorite ideas for all different rooms all over the house. Most can be found at sites like House Beautiful, Elle Decor, and Country Living. Some are just pictures I have came across and all rights belong to the people that took them. Unfortunately these aren't from my home.

The first I'll mention is the bathroom. I love taking baths! So that is why I fell in love with this picture. Obviously you can't see everything and this specific bathroom probably wouldn't be my ideal bathroom but I love how the tub overlooks a view. I could picture it being a view of a beautiful lush garden that I worked hard on all day and now I am relaxing in my dream tub! It also has a very romantic feel to it which I do love. I always promised my boyfriend that when we did get a house we could do kind of an ocean/sailing theme in the bathroom. Hmm, maybe we'll have separate bathrooms. :) This bathroom does look extremely feminine so I know that wouldn't work for us but a girl can dream. That is the point of this post after all it would be what is ideal for me! And you guys! I want responses with pictures! I love getting inspiration!

The next had to be my favorite to pick out which surprised me since I'm not that great of a chef. Maybe it is because I found the absolute perfect picture in the whole world and this is my (and my boyfriend's) dream kitchen! It looks to have an unlimited about of space and just looks like a professional kitchen. I think if I had this kitchen I'd take it upon myself to learn how to make the most yummy dishes ever. I mean, I'd have to because people would just look at my kitchen and expect amazing food coming out of it.


The next is my closet. Oh boy, did I have so many pictures to pick from. I narrowed to down to two and I just can't pick because one cover the clothes and the other is shoes. I always told JJ, my boyfriend, that if the house we chose didn't have a walk in closet, or the ability for us to add one in, it probably wouldn't work for me. Only because I do have a good amount of clothes, mainly because I have changed sizes since I was 11, and without decent closet space I tend to get very messy. When it doesn't have a place or it is hard for me to get it in its place I get frustrated and just end up throwing everything all over the place.Unfortunately I need that extra room to stay tidy. We have already outgrown ALL the closets in our apartment because just like me my boyfriend has a lot of clothes! My ideal closet would be attached to the master bathroom that is attached to the master bedroom. Kind of like a master suite. Remember we are thinking dream house here!

The next room is the living room. I had some difficulty choosing this one because I wanted it to be cozy and welcoming but also have a little but of a rustic feel to it. Then I stumbled across this picture and fell in love. I am all about having a view, growing up and never having one makes me yearn for one, and this seemed to be looking outside! I could just imagine sitting there on a Sunday morning watching the sun get brighter. I know what you're thinking, this girl is going to be so picky when she chooses her house! And of course in New Jersey we don't really have much that could become a beautiful view unless you live right off the beach. Anyways, this room just kind of spoke to me and I know you can really only see the furniture but I liked everything about this picture. The furniture looks plush and cozy and the walls seem to give it the rustic look I love so much.

And last but not least, my bedroom. I can't say this is my absolute hands down dream bedroom but it is pretty close. Mainly because of the bed. I love like a canopy bed. I think they are extremely romantic and beautiful. I feel like I could really get a good nights sleep in this bed. I also always wanted to have a couch in my bedroom. Which might be weird, but I just want one. I want a spacious bedroom. My mom's house was over 100 years old so naturally in a house that old you have a lot of charm but you also have much smaller rooms. And even though the house was a decent size, its bedrooms, more specifically,were very small. I'm not used to a larger room so I would really like to have one in my future house.

I hope you enjoyed this post. It was really fun for me to write and it also lets you guys see the kind of style I go for in home decor. Leave pictures of your ideal rooms in the comments! Until next time!

xoxo, Christine





No comments:

Post a Comment