Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bang Bang Pizza and Tough Cookies!

Hey everybody! Sorry I have been absent lately. I kind of feel like really sluggish this last week and I can't get over the feeling. It seemed every time I sat to film a video or workout or do anything that might be motivating I just was really not in the mood. So I kind of sat back, went to work, and watched my week pass me by.

 I did manage to cook a very yummy meal one night for dinner that I was proud of. I like to think I am the master of quesadillas. I'm not the best cook but it seems that whenever you put a tortilla in front of me I manage to make something good. Usually I just make chicken quesadillas when my boyfriend is not really in the mood to cook or if we don't want to spend the money and order out. My Poppy had his own sauce company so I learned to cook with that very early on. So I can definitely make a killer chicken quesadilla. However, because of my lack of motivation and laziness my apartment is not really stocked with much food right now. I had shrimp, perogies, and pork chops in my freezer, and I HATE pork chops with a passion! If you have ever had Bonefish Grille's Bang Bang shrimp then you'll get where I got the idea for this meal because I really wanted Bang Bang shrimp. I took the shrimp out and defrosted them, which is crazy fast, I had no idea shrimp defrosted in seconds under cold water.  Then I made my own Bang Bang sauce. I took mayo, dry mustard, hot sauce, soy sauce, red chili pepper sauce, and lime juice and mixed it all together and surprisingly made a very close replica to Bang Bang shrimp sauce! I was so proud of myself and so was my boyfriend. :) Then I just toasted a tortilla in a saucepan put some tomatoes down and smothered the shrimp in my delicious sauce. I loved it! Because the tortilla sat on the stove a bit longer both our Bang Bang quesadillas turned out more like pizzas but they were still amazing. I just wish I wrote down how much of everything I put!

Has anyone been watching the show Tough Cookies on the Food Network? I have and I am in love with it! For one, it takes place in Jersey which makes me somewhat proud to have the best cookies ever in my state, and secondly, it is my Mom's best friend's cousins! They are kind of like family to my mom and apparently I have met them countless times! You can actually see my mom's best friend in some of the episodes though which is really cool! They are getting so bogged down with Internet orders that they really need extra help so I offered my help if they needed me! Maybe you'll see me on the show next season, their first season already wrapped on filming. If you want to try the best cookies ever order from Crazy Susan! My favorite is the Mint Chocolate Chip one. I'd like to try to make a Jr. Mint Cookie. Do you guys find that whatever TV show you watch, it kind of makes you want to take on that profession? Like, I have always wanted to be an actress, that is probably why I got sucked into TV and celebrity stuff so much, but I find then when I watch Tough Cookies, I want to make cookies for a living. Or when I watch Grey's Anatomy, I want to be a surgeon, which wouldn't work I have the shakiest hand ever! How about when you watch Buffy and you want to be a Vampire Slayer? TV can play tricks on your brain!

Anyways, I was just checking in and apologizing for being a zombie lately. I hopefully will film a video tomorrow and get it up by tomorrow night. Thanks for sticking around!

xoxo, Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment