Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Mistletoe, Black Friday, and Embrace Couture Update!

Hey everyone! I started writing this blog Sunday night and did not like how it was turning out, so I am starting over now and apologizing for not posting this weekend like I said I would. First off, I want to tell everyone about something I bought this weekend. I actually bought a lot this weekend, beauty products mostly, but my favorite thing has to be the Mistletoe Candle I bought at Bed, Bath, an Beyond. It is a Yankee Candle Christmas Collection candle and it is Christmas Heaven in a jar. If only one smell could sum up Christmas it would be Mistletoe by Yankee Candle. It has a lot of the same scent that a balsam candle would have but there is something extra about this smell. It isn't just Christmas Tree it HAS to have something else in it to make it even more to die for! So if you need a candle that IS Christmas go buy this Mistletoe Candle. It is regularly $25 but it is on sale at Bed. Bath, and Beyond for $18 and some change. Luckily I had a $5 off coupon so it only came to $13 and change but they send out those 20% off coupons out on a daily basis it seems, so make sure to cash one of them in when you're getting it!
Black Friday is in a couple days and if you are as big as  a shopaholic as I am you've been counting down the days until your favorite stores open. Now last year me and my mom got up at 4am so we could be at Target by 5am for the insanely cheap DVD sales. I'm talking all the Weeds seasons regularly $40 for $9!! That to me is worth getting up in the dark. However, this year we are doing things a bit differently. Macy's and countless stores in the mall closest to my house are opening at midnight! I'm going to go on record saying I love love love Macy's. (And every store in the mall!) We are definitely starting at midnight this year! I actually have bought almost everything already. Amazon had some of the DVDs I needed for people on sale already so I snagged them up so Target is an optional place to stop. I just love being out on Black Friday. Sure the people are crazy and rude and sometimes an entire store just stops walking and no one can go anywhere, but we are all there for the same reason. We love deals and we love the holidays! You can't hate people near the holidays! I would love to go to LUSH on Black Friday but I'm not sure I'd love the city on Black Friday. Might be a little scary over there.
I also have an update on the reason I started this blog, Embrace Couture! I just got my tax id number so I can buy from this wholesale retailer I found and as soon as pay day comes, I'm also going to be purchasing my domain name and get started on the website. Black Friday will also be a research day for Embrace Couture. I think I am going to give up sleep for the day. So much to do, so little time. So as you can tell I am pretty excited and my excitement will only increase as Christmas gets closer and I get to work more and more on the clothing line. Also, I need to invest in a good sewing machine. What kind would be good to work with lace and more delicate materials. Also would like it to be able to work on denim and any other materials. I know I'm greedy! Well let me know in the comments or in an e-mail if you have any suggestions for a good one! Thanks! Until next time!

Much love,
Christine for Embrace Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment