Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Glamour Delivery!

My monthly Glamour came today! I am an avid magazine reader. I think I have about 8 different subscriptions to fashion magazines and Glamour is my all time favorite. It is that time for "Women of the Year," in Glamour and I didn't get to thoroughly read it on my lunch break but I skimmed through it and I can already tell you there is going to be tons of pages I am going to have to tag for things I want to buy! Now I am not sure if this is in the actual magazine but I also frequently go to glamour.com and they have The Top 10 Women of the Year Awards Red Carpet Looks Of All Time on their site. I have to say I was surprised with some of their picks. I agree with Rihanna's daring prism-like dress. She can pull that off. The others however are lacking to me. I mean, out of all the red carpet looks you can pick from you're going to pick Katie Holmes in a red dress that is anything but glamorous and in fact might be one of her most boring looks. Also, Jennifer Garner is gorgeous but her dress...not so much. Even Britney Spears has rocked much better looks than the one hey have her in here. I just don't agree in saying these are the best red carpet looks of all time. Am I alone in feeling this way? Check it out: http://www.glamour.com/fashion/blogs/slaves-to-fashion/2010/11/best-dressed-awards-the-top-10.html. I think most of you will agree in saying we could come up with 100 better looks than most of these.

For instance, an actress that has a special place in my heart as one of my favorites, Rachel McAdams. She isn't just one of the best actresses in Hollywood right now, she is one of the most beautiful and one of the most best dressed in my opinion. Sure she's been known to put a pale pink streak in her hair but look at Iman's dress in the list above! And I love the Chanel jacket on Kerry Washington but you ruined Chanel with that skirt! Do you hear me Kerry? That skirt ruined CHANEL. Who would mix that together? So I think Glamour should ponder on over to Google and type in "Rachel McAdams Red Carpet" to see one of the best red carpet looks of all time. I love these two looks because they show two sides of her style. Her one more feisty look in the short white Eimilio Pucci dress with the plunging neckline and the other shows the Rachel McAdams we all seem to be more familiar with. The gorgeous, flowing Elie Saab gown seems to capture the personality that made her one of America's Sweethearts. She stole movie watchers hearts, (male and female), in The Notebook, and she stole fashion bloggers hearts with the stunning gown.

So Glamour, please, reevaluate your previous list and give it to at least one woman that deserves it, Rachel McAdams. Until next time!

Much Love,
Christine for Embrace Couture
P.S. They had this on their list. THIS?!

No comments:

Post a Comment