Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

New Lush, New Shoes, New High Prices!

Hey everyone! I am guilty of being so super busy lately that I have neglected this blog beyond reason. With the holidays and working overtime at work, I pretty much sleep, work, eat and repeat. Hopefully after the holidays things will slow down and I'll go back to my once a day post. I actually have been slightly frustrated with a business I've been recently trying to contact to order my shirts for Embrace Couture. They say that you can request a quote and send them e-mails and they respond within a business day or the for the quote within few business days. I've been trying to get in touch with them for a couple weeks now and no answer. Not the best way to run a successful business in my opinion.  I mean wouldn't you think when someone says they want the services you're making a living off of you would jump at the chance? I would! So I'm held up on that and it is pretty frustrating.
My Mistletoe candle has finally run its course and I'm relatively devastated about it. I now have this sucky candle that isn't burning right next to me and I don't smell anything! Christmas is only 8 days away so I didn't want to spend another $25 on a candle I can only burn for about a week. If I was to burn my Mistletoe candle after Christmas, I'm 100% sure I'd get depressed that the holidays are over so I'm not going to do that.
On a happy note, I'm going to LUSH this weekend! Oh! And big news! LUSH is opening a store in the Cherry Hill Mall! Yay! No more driving over the bridge and paying for parking! I realized with the $4 for the toll and the $2 for parking I could buy one big bath bomb! So I'm extremely happy about that. I have no idea when it is opening but it is coming eventually which is really exciting. I had planned on before I move into my apartment to go on a major LUSH shopping spree because money will get a little tighter and I'd love to start a LUSH collection for there. I'm hoping it will be open in Cherry Hill before then so I can go there and not into Philly. I don't love parking there one bit. I've been lucky enough to drag my mom with me every time so she does the parking but I have a feeling if she has a hard time parking again my LUSH ride is going to expire. Tomorrow when I get home I'll type up a LUSH haul and show you what I got. I'm thinking about sticking to their Christmas exclusives, the ones I haven't tried yet, so I don't have to wait a whole year to try them again but we'll see.
Is it just me or has the price of shoes skyrocketed lately? I am a die hard Steve Madden fan for the record. I will swear by his shoes until the day I die. I have one go to black pair that has taken a turn for the worst and looks pretty shabby right now. So I started to price new black heels for work and my god has Steve Madden gone from really affordable to "might have to wait til next paycheck" pricey. Don't get me wrong his pries aren't Jimmy Choo expensive but I was used to getting heels for under $100 and now it just isn't possible. I love shoes. They used to be my favorite thing to buy. Now my love is evenly distributed for everything, shirts, dresses, pants, jeans you name, it I love buying it. Besides underwear and bras. They are hands down my favorite thing to spend money on. I know it is a bit silly if you ask me too. That is just my addiction, can't explain it though. And that is when I turn to my shopping clubs. Luckily there is a sale today for Jessica Simpson black patent leather heels for $36. I'm just going to have to save Steve Madden until later and get these. Can't pass up gorgeous shoes for $36! Well I'll update again tomorrow! Until next time!

Much Love,
Christine for Embrace Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment