Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

If anyone notices the change...

I had to switch my blog name and brand name today. I found out from the Trademark website that ScallyRags was already a name of another company. Even though the company had already folded up, I didn't really want any hassle if they were to open up again so I am just going to go with Embrace Couture. Which I still love just as much and I get to use the word Couture which always made me think of high fashion clothes. So I'm going to start the Trademark filing process for Embrace Couture! It is pretty exciting thinking up names for a clothing line, it is a pretty big step if you ask me, putting a name to all of your ideas. As clever and fun as ScallyRags was, since my last name is Scally, I like that Embrace will be a part of the main brand name because my main goal is to spread the word of healthy body image.

I want to go into why healthy body image became important to me, besides my own original hangups about my body. In high school I watched as several girls I knew went through periods of anorexia and of not being able to look at themselves in the mirror everyday without cringing. It really bothered me that these girls, some very close to me, had such a negative outlook on their bodies. It caused a lot of tears and a lot of pain and sometimes it didn't always get better. I hope that one day we will all see a world where anorexia isn't an issue in fashion or in high schools. Every girl should walk down the streets or their high school hallways with their heads held high and happy to be themselves and happy with the body they have. There's nothing wrong with wanting to change the way you look but do it the healthy way and try to love your body the way it is. Nothing is sexier on a girl than confidence and of course one of my future designs! ;)

Much love,
Christine for Embrace Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment